The Sleepy Lion is the very first independent hostel for backpackers in Leipzig.
Our beautiful Wilhelminian style building was completely refurbished in 2010/2011 and has disabled access.
We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are proud to offer the best overnight possibilities you can find in the city, within 10 minutes on foot or 1 tram stop from the main train station. You can have breakfast until 11 am, and there's always somebody available to serve you a beer or a soft drink, or to tell you about cool places to spend the evening.
* located right in the city centre
* comfortable accommodation in clean 1 to 10 bed rooms
* modern apartments from 1 to 4 beds with kitchen & TV
* every room with shower and toilet
* breakfast from 07.00 to 11.00 o`clock (3.50 )
* non smoking rooms only
* handicap-accessible rooms
* luggage storage
* free lockers (useable with your own padlock)
* 24 hours service
* high-speed internet and FREE WiFi
* major credit cards accepted
* no curfew
* free city maps
* drinks and snacks
* backyard/ BBQ area
* small tea kitchen (microwave, kettle, fridge)
* free tea and coffee
Explore the famous historical sights following the trails of Bach and Goethe, see where the political upheavals of 1989 started - or enjoy the green areas of Leipzig.
Leipzig is one of the most vibrant cities in Germany with a fascinating night scene in a still moderately priced student town.
There are not many German cities where you can do windsurfing, sailing, diving, kite-surfing and other water sports.
Just a 20 minutes ride from the city centre by car or public transport you can do it in Leipzig and right at two big lakes: Lake Kulkwitz and lake Cospuden, vegetated surface minings.
Just ask us when you check in.
No membership card needed, no age restriction, no closing times.
Bed linen: 2.50 (one time fee)
Breakfast: 3.50 (7am-11am)
14986 Hostels in Leipzig (Germany)
starting from €
Our team is your service to help you with your booking issues or answer any related questions