Open from: 6th April to 31st October
Baracca Backpacker Aurigeno is a tiny hostel with only 13 beds but unlimited access to the peaceful outdoors.
Our cosy hostel has a home-like atmosphere and is situated off the beaten track, hidden among chestnut trees in the beautiful Maggia Valley in southern Switzerland (Ticino), just 13km north of Lake Maggiore, Locarno and Ascona.
Come here to take a vacation from your vacation! Enjoy yourself in our unique lush garden, featuring our waterfall, wooden sculptures and wonderful views of historic churches and mountains. Cook fresh meals in our full-equipped kitchen, using free herbs fresh from our garden!
Our common room has a huge information board with the best map in the area and tons of information on local hiking, biking and swimming activities. From here you can reach the incredible bathing spots at Maggia River, ranging from small gorges and and waterfalls to deep, emerald-green still pools and sandy beaches.
- Nice and restful garden with BBQ
- Waterfall behind the hostel
- Craftsman shop in-house
- Bikes for rent
- Sleeping bag required - renting is possible
- Games, table tennis, fresh herbs for cooking
- 700km of hiking trails
- 10 minutes' walk to a refreshing waterfall with crystal clear water
- Next to Locarno and Ascona (13km)
- Day-trips available by boat (Lago Maggiore) to the Brissago Islands and Italy
We are a member of Swiss Backpacker's Association!
14986 Hostels in Aurigeno (Switzerland)
starting from €
Our team is your service to help you with your booking issues or answer any related questions